Opinion: More Default Packages

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Tue Jan 28 00:01:49 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 14:55, elaine forbes wrote:
> I think there's no reason not to make this possible, as long as someone
> has the resources and time to set it up (and possibly support?) it.

I won't precompile X, KDE, Gnome and all, but I wonder if anyone would
be interested in having a bootable DVD with all the sources ready to go
in the cache. More than once I've taken a batch of source tarballs on a
CD somewhere just to get going immediately, instead of waiting on 6
hours of downloading while you have a p4 under your arse, and wanna get
a system going rapidly.

anyone interested?

sofar

--