vnc module not requiring X

Richard Watson richard at doilywood.org.uk
Mon Jan 27 11:51:27 GMT 2003

Stefan Wold <stefan.wold at telia.com> writes:

> Well some things are just obvious. If you want an X app you should know
> that X is needed, so why list it in 100's modules?

Yes, but why *not* ?

In any case its not as simple as that is it? Some applications have
the option to be built with/without X. And why leave it at X. Why not
do the same for gnome, gtk, qt, whatever. I mean if you want a gnome
app surely you should know that gnome is needed?

I just don't understand the rationale for crippling the installer by
not giving it all the facts. How many bytes does it take to make X a
dependency on every X package?

--
Richard Watson
e-mail:richard at doilywood.org.uk  jabber:richard at jabber.doilywood.org.uk