NETDEV WATCHDOG timeout

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Sat Jan 25 17:12:32 GMT 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I keep getting the following error:
>
> 	NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

This appears to be a problem with the kernel APIC drivers related to the
on-board chipset. The solution is to add the following to lilo:

	append=noapic

This will allow the kernel to communicate properly with the network
adaptor.

During this festive little excursion, I had to build a missing
/etc/config.d/network/eth0 by hand, with constant references to
/etc/init.d/network to try and figure out what belonged where. Did I miss
a more obvious way to rerun certain install-time configurations?

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"