libXmuu.so.1

Terry Chan tpchan at attbi.com
Thu Feb 27 09:52:13 GMT 2003

Dennis,

Have you tried reading the Lunar ML ?  Similar problems have been covered
before.

>From your problem description, it seems like your ldconfig binary is broken,
which is a known bug when installing from the Lunar 1.2 iso.  Two ways to
check this problem out:

1. ldconfig -p
See if libXmuu.so.1 is in the output list.  If not you probably have a broken
ldconfig.

2. Just do:  ls -al /etc/ld.so.cache
If the size of that file is not around 50000 bytes and is instead only 64 bytes
then you have the problem of a broken ldconfig.

If you do have a broken ldconfig do this:

lin binutils glibc

In that order.  That will rebuild your ldconfig and your /etc/ld.so.cache to
the correct size.  That should fix your problem with error messages about
shared libraries.

If you are having some other Xfree problem, like a bad XF86config file then
this solution will not be the end of your problems.

Terry Chan