Database of Compilations

Kenny Mann voldure at swbell.net
Thu Feb 20 12:09:10 GMT 2003

I know this idea may be something far fetched and the
developes resources may be too limited to do this but
oh well, I'll suggest it. If someone (I might start
doing this maybe) wants to take it up it's just an
idea.

What about having a database that has each program we
have and suggestion optimzations or known problematic
opts? or known successfull opts with sytem x?

This might be better on a forum, but it's just an
idea.
Perhaps have an option in the 'lin' that will allow
for statistics and perhaps allow feedback from user? I
think the stats stuff has been talked about before...
Perhaps by default turned off, but optionally turned
on during the install or something? (brainstorming
ideas start flowing in)

Anyways, just some food for thought. This idea may
requrie too many resources to do, but it's something I
thought that might be handy for new comers or people
just curious. I might start writting something about
it myself shortly. I have a few other thigns to place
on the webpage tonight... (yet again I go off
topic...)
ah well, that's all I ahve to say. Have a wonderful
day. :-)

--Kenny Mann