Some questions

watryac04 watryac04 at uww.edu
Wed Feb 19 15:11:47 GMT 2003

> Is it possible to retrieve the sources from a cd? I'm on a dial up
> connection and obviously can't download very quickly. I do have access
> to a very fast connection and so was thinking that I could download
> the modules I wanted and burn them to cd. Is this a valid plan?

It would be valid, and the easiest way that I can see of doing this is
just download all that's needed, burn it do a CD, and then dump it all
in /var/spool/lunar

There may be more elegant ways for doing this. When a module gets
updated, you'll still automatically download the newer source, but it
will take care of most of the packages that you'd consider installing.
But yeah, /var/spool/lunar is the default location for the source
cache.  Any one else please feel free to yell at me if i'm being stupid.

Aaron Watry