no /dev/lp*

Yoav Avitzour avitzour at princeton.edu
Wed Feb 19 10:03:30 GMT 2003

As for Victor's suggestion - as far as I know, makedev is NOT designed
to work with devfs. This is why there is the following warning in the
makedev module which will not let you install it if you're using devfs:

lvu BUILD makedev

<snip>
   cat /proc/mounts | grep devfs | grep -qw /dev && {
      echo
      echo "/dev seems to be devfs, do not install this module!!"
      echo
      exit 1
<snip>

About the other reply - I do have both of these configured in my kernel,
as I wrote in my original post. Here is my entire PARPORT configuration
if anyone has any idea what might be wrong with it.

grep PARPORT /usr/src/linux/.config

CONFIG_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_CML1=m