New 2.6.0 naming

elaine elaine at fwsystems.com
Thu Dec 18 09:31:56 GMT 2003

Keep the name, it's just a name, a rose by any other name
still has thorns :-)

Technically, I doubt they're gonna start on 2.7 for awhile
and even if they do I doubt it'll be usable in early iterations.

On kernels, I'd like to see some experimentation with snapshots
of glibc+nptl. NPTL was merged into glibc back in september and
is probably getting close to release.

I think the right time to release a new 'stable' 2.6 kernel into
moonbase is after we have a working & stable glibc+NPTL.

my $0.02 US

elaine

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:43:55 +0100 (unchecked - local sync NTPstrat4)
nestu <nestu at lunar-linux.org> did inscribe thusly: