e2fsck doesn't run after "maximal mount count reached" during boot?

Terry Chan tpchan at attbi.com
Wed Apr 23 10:40:43 GMT 2003

Ralph,

No it can't really happen automatically.  Slight chicken and egg problem.

You can't run e2fsck on a partition that is mounted already -- it must be run
against a partition that is NOT mounted.  Egg part is that the e2fsck binary is
only located on the partition that you are trying to fsck.  That's why you
need to boot from another source like the ISO to run e2fsck.  See ?

Terry Chan