freetype2 .. or ... a neverending story

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Wed Apr 16 12:25:56 GMT 2003

> Ok I had a bit of time to spend on this tonight so I tried to reproduce
> the problem.

Thank you :-).

> I did everything you did but recompile X just for the sake
> I dont have that much time.  Now I installed ft 2.1.4 and I have to say
> in my opinion its the best ft as of yet.  My fonts are much crisper and
> sharper than with 2.1.3.
>
> So I cant reproduce the probelm you can take a look at what it looks
> like for me here
> http://www.nhudson.org/ss/ft2.1.4.jpg

How .. that looks pretty much like my screenshot ... maybe it isn't ft that is broken but
my opinion about how the fonts look like now. I think I don't like the "much crisper and
sharper" part. Thats a personal opinion of course and I guess it will dematerialize over
the weeks that I use the new ft (Is there a way to get back the old "design" ?). The only
thing which is weird about it is actually that yesterday it looked like Xft was broken
again (I had a broken Xft before and it looked similar). But that might have happened
because I was the hell tired. Thanks anyways.

Bye,

Moritz