freetype2 .. or ... a neverending story

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Wed Apr 16 02:52:49 GMT 2003

Hello ML,

I'm writing this mail at 3 AM in the morning after 3 times of Xfree and GTK2 stuff
recompilation so if I'm not that polite as usual please be so kind to not take it
personally. Thank you.

After upgrading freetype2 today all my fonts where borked. So I started to investigate and
finally recompiled freetype2 / Xfree / pango and gtk2. No luck.

Okay .. some deeper work, link checking, recompilation of certain apps.

Again the freetype2 / Xfree / pango and gtk2 build process. No luck.

So I decided to recompile EVERYTHING but to remove all their sources (especially
/usr/X11*) before I was going to do my work. After that I compiled:

freetype2 / Xfree / glib-2 / atk / pango / gtk+-2 and finally ran fc-cache -fv.

No luck.

Now .. any clues? Does anybody what I'm doing wrong? ... I'm getting really tired of
recompiling X everytime ...

Moe