mozilla AA fonts

Nick Hudson nhudson2367 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 17:43:35 GMT 2003

Well ok thats not a problem ... Its in moonbase "lin bitstream-vera" but
it isnt availible from the Gnome FTP servers anymore until maybe a month
from now when they put them back.  For now you can grab a copy of it
from the cache server

http://lunar-linux.org/mirrors/bitstream-vera-1.0.tar.gz

You can type lin bitstream-vera but it will take it a few minutes to
cycle through the mirrors until it finds it on the cache server.  Just
let that install and see what happens.  Also for a tip on Xft edit your
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf file and add this into it.

<!-- Font directory list configured on Sun Mar 23 13:32:16 CST 2003 -->

        <dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
        <dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF</dir>
        <dir>/usr/share/fonts</dir>
        <dir>/usr/share/fonts/truetype</dir>
        <dir>~/.fonts</dir>

You will already have some directories there but you will need to add
those that are missing.  I have found this to work better expecially
running stuff as root.  Also after you do this and install the
bitstream-vera fonts you might want to re-run fc-cache

$ fc-cache -f

That will take a minute or two then everything should be ok.  Sorry for
all the work hopefully I can finx somethings in the future so this
really wont have to happen anymore.

Thanks

Nick Hudson