MPT Fusion modules and ISO

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Fri Apr 11 17:39:35 GMT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:30:21AM -0500, Terry Chan wrote:
> Hendrik,
>
> Which modules are you asking about?  I have no idea what you are referring
> to when you say "MPT Fusion modules".

  x x         SCSI support  --->                                          x x
  x x         Fusion MPT device support  --->                             x x

> Are they scsi drivers?  Some scsi drivers were dropped from the 1.3 ISO
> because they weren't able to be compiled by many of the devs.

Yes and no.
And thus I can't use those servers with lunar :(

> Other than those few scsi drivers, I know of no other kernel modules
> that have been dropped from the 1.3 ISO, that were present on the 1.2
> ISO.

I'm actually refering to before the 1.2, as I recall the mpt stuff in there.
Time to go and search for those isos.

> The really short list of available kernel modules on the 1.3 ISO is
> not going to change anytime soon.  Space is very limited in the initrd.

Which brings me to the point that you guys are really missing.

 There are no modules on the ISO...

the big servers lately *all* have IDE CD/DVD-roms, but the disks are on
SCSI/RAID controllers.

Thus, boot passed the initrd, and then still have the modules available, as
you'll then can try to download stuff from the net etc. and then keep the
limited list in the initrd.

Hendrik