Lunar-Linux ISO 1.7.0-dev4 "testing"

Marco van der Grient mwgrient69 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 19:05:12 CEST 2013

1. During the install process there is a option to set your locale. If
you do so, there is a error when this command is invoked:
localectl --no-ask-password set-locale en_US.utf8
The error is: "Failed to issue method call: Invalid argument"

To my knowledge the command should be something like this "[...]set
locale LANG=en_US.utf8".

2. I know it is off topic, but if you had finished the install, reboot
and try to update Lunar. There will be no posibilety to adjust the GNU
mirror after a successful install of Lunar.

I had to remove the first line: (AUTO (auto-geo)
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/) in /etc/lunar/mirrors/GNU. Did a save, then
it worked again.

3. When grub is installed from the install cd, this grub is - in my case
- not able to write to the MBR. But this could be also related to the RO
mounted root?
I had to upgrade grub2. And did not understand what the problem was. But
it is solved with a new version.

Regards,
Marco