Lunar-Linux ISO 1.7.0-dev4

Peter de Ridder peter at lunar-linux.org
Fri Sep 13 22:37:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for testing.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Marco van der Grient
<mwgrient69 at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi Peter,
> 1. usb stick boots fine. Also booting from cdrom with usb is fine now.
> Great!

Good to hear that is solved.

> 2. Afther a lunar-install at the root promt, the dialog menu freezes. I
> had to do a control + c to go to the next menu item.

3. I have troubles with recognizing my hard disk. So there is no install
> possible (no disk shows up in the menu).

Both of the above are caused by the same bug. This can be solved with the
following commands:
sed '254s@/proc/mounts @@;254s@|@/proc/mounts |@' /sbin/lunar-install >
/tmp/lunar-install
chmod +x /tmp/lunar-install
/tmp/lunar-install

The /proc/mounts are passed to the wrong grep command, meaning grep is
waiting for input instead of using the content of /proc/mounts.
The above sed will correct this at line 254 and place the new file in /tmp
(the rest is read-only file system). Make it executable and run
/tmp/lunar-install instead of lunar-install from /sbin.

> 4. this was also the case last time, but your dev4 iso's are linked to
> older versions in the testing map on the server. They do not exist.

Thank your for reporting this. My mail client fooled me here. The correct
links are as displayed in the text:
http://www.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.7.0-dev4-i686.iso.bz2
http://www.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.7.0-dev4-x86_64.iso.bz2

Regards,