Fresh lunar install

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Sat May 18 17:39:13 CEST 2013

> vdpauinfo | grep string
> Information string: NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared Library  319.17  Thu Apr 25
> 21:07:58 PDT 2013
>
> vdpauinfo command comes from vdpauinfo module.

wdp at vulkan ~ $ vdpauinfo | grep string
Information string: NVIDIA VDPAU Driver Shared Library  319.17  Thu Apr
25 21:44:27 PDT 2013

and i said "yes" to mesa-lib's vdpau. So it looks like it is safe to
say yes. Can you verify that?

> If you see something like this you use optimal nvidia's vdpau. If you see
> something else like gallium or mesa the worse vdpau from mesa is active.
>
> > Do we need the vdpau module at all in linux, if nvidia ships with it's
> > own?
>
> Do not know vdpau module.

I was refering to "libvdpau". I thought "nvidia" might provide that.