Lunar-Linux ISO 1.7.0-dev

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jun 1 15:47:03 CEST 2013

It's not optional. But the reason behind that move is that packages has
grown in size so much that they were hard to fit onto a CD-sized ISO. By
switching to .xz we were able to reduce the ISO size with 150-200Mb (and I
mean the uncompressed ISO). I'm not sure the actual compressed ISO benefit
much from .xz though however, so that could indeed remain .bz2, but optimal
would be not to compress them at all, just keep them as .iso.

Sincerely
Stefan