Updating kernel and kernel headers ?

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Fri May 25 23:04:28 CEST 2012

zbiggy wrote:
> Unfortunately our kernels is complete mess now except linux.
> [...]
> I would like to see our kernels in sync with layout  on kernel.org:
>
> Lunar module:     kernel.org naming:    lunar version: kernel.org version:
> linux             mainline              3.4            3.4
> linux-stable      Latest Stable Kernel  3.1.10*        3.3.7
> linux-unstable    stable                3.2.16*        3.2.18
> linux-2.6-stable  stable                2.6.39.4*      2.6.35.13

It's probably wise for lunar to be in sync with kernel.org but that was
not really my question. What I was concerned about was that we have only
two kernel header modules, one corresponding to the 2.6 kernel, while
the other one has to match three different 3.x kernels. Do we need more?

I suppose what I was really wondering about is:
(a) should we have one kernel-headers module per linux module, and
(b) can we ensure that the correct linux/header pairs are installed?

D.