xorg-server again.. (synaptics seems broken)

Jean Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Thu Mar 15 14:32:14 CET 2012

xf86-input-synaptics seems to be broken with current xorg-server (it
will compile fine, but it is buggy); the mouse behaves weird (very slow,
always jumping to the top left corner if i try to move it) no errors in
syslog, no errors in dmesg, tried older kernel - no change.

downgraded xorg-server and all worked.

Please review that, as synaptics is around in many notebooks, this
might happen to a lot of users. Btw. I think I wrote about testing
things before updating them. Its okay if you don't have a notebook and
can't test everything but please, ask others to test it then - waiting
a few weeks longer to keep lunar in a stable state is far better than
trying to update something just to be up to date without making sure it
will work as expected.

At least.. for things like xorg-server, i had to downgrade three times
now. That can't be the solution for a distribution.

Jean