[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> xfce4-session: tweak the depends a bit.

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Thu Jun 21 23:15:12 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 02:46:34PM -0700, Auke Kok wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:33:37PM +0200, v4hn wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:32:27PM -0400, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> > Yes, I know about this issue and I fixed quite a number of those
> > mistakes myself. But in the case of xfce4-session there is no way to disable
> > udisk/polkit/.. in the build process. Well you could strip the code files,
> > but that's against the as-vanilla-as-possible rule.
> >

> > Do you suggest to write "--foobar" into $3 so you can disable it in the package management?
> > The package will still be used if it will ever be installed anyway, so what's logical about that?
>
> since they are so clearly <run>time-dependencies, and we have no way to handle
> them properly, I would just *remove* them entirely, or include them from a
> profile-only package such as the 'xfce4' shim. And yes, there you could indeed
> add bogus --disable options.

so, 360 on the issue for me.

This package is special in the way that it uses the optional dependencies.
They're not linked, but used over dbus. If they're missing, the code will
adopt and things will just work without the functionality.

Once they're installed, no choice, xfce4-session will use the methods anyway.

So, that's actually identical to the way lunar treats empty "$3" params, and
so, the right thing to do here is -strangely enough- to leave $3 empty.

counterintuitive, yes. very.

This isn't a model application either. In general, "$3" should not be empty
still :)

Thanks v4hn.

Auke