mesa-lib

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Wed Jun 20 17:31:36 CEST 2012

On 06/20/2012 02:42 AM, v4hn wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:12:59PM -0700, Auke Kok wrote:
>> Enough is enough.
>>
>> I have revoked your commit access to moonbase.
>>
>>  From now on, in order to get your changes in, you will need to send
>> a git pull request to me, and Cc this mailing list.
>>
>> The git pull request must be in the following format, or include the
>> same elements at least:
>
> @auke: see IRC
>
> Please explain your reasoning behind this decision,
> because I have absolutely no idea why you did this.

A small community like lunar is built on communication, and whenever I
ask people to do something, or comment on an issue, there are a few
people out here that immediately accuse people of .... talking.

Let's face it, we would be a lot better off if people talked more to
each other.

So, with this change I'm not saying that Zbigniew can never commit
anything, but merely forcing him to once-in-a-while talk to me and the
list before his changes are merged.

> Commit access and personal opinion on the mailing list
> have few things to do with each other in my opinion.
> So if you want to stop him from stating his opinion,
> then you should revoke his post permission to the ML.

I'd like for more technical discussion to happen, instead of
circumstantial commenting.

A lot of replies on the list recently have lost any value due to the
high level of noise vs. content ratio.

Auke