mesa-lib

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Jun 20 02:36:46 CEST 2012

> >> Here is a better idea; let the one(s) that made the commit fix it, or
> >> is that to much to ask?
> >
> > Thats the problem we're facing with at lunar linux. Nobody feels
> > responsible for bugs introduced by devs who didn't test properly.
>
> It is the reason for my hiatus.

I do the opposite. If Florin bumps seamonkey to 2.10 ad later to 2.10.1
which does not build because it requires reversed patch to be applied this
is no problem for me - I commit patch and fix it. I was doing the same
when other people commited more in ancient times. If I see error I fix it.
I do not jabber because I know that nobody have done this on purpose to
just destroy Lunar. I know this was just accidental so no poiniting with
dirty finger on dev ML. It is easy to do nothing and jabber how bad it is
on those who do anything. If there would be more developers keeping eye on
modules and fixing each onther the quality would be higher. If number of
active developers goes down to 2 and there is plenty of modules how much
time can be spend on single module development? Not mentioning distro
specific scripts and developing Lunar itself?