mesa-lib

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Jun 20 01:51:25 CEST 2012

> Problematic parts are:
>
> ---->
>    # Detect VMware VGA virtual 3D card and add driver for it
>    VGA=`lspci | grep 'VGA.*VMware.*SVGA.*'`
>    if [[ -n $VGA  ]]; then
>       GALLIUMDRIVER+=" svga"
>    fi  &&
> <----
>
> this should just be a driver in the selection list!

It is. But autodetect helps those who do not have knowledge which driver
they need. A good Linux hacker or advanced user do not have to know every
driver for every device. This is distro's job to match driver to hardware.
No excuses. This is not LFS.

> --->
>   # EGL is for embedded use only when needed by deps later
>    OPTS+=" --disable-egl"  &&
> <----
>
> I want EGL. This option disables EGL for my atom-based netbooks!

It is not. Check your lvu install mesa-lib| grep -i egl
On my Atom I have EGL libs and headers. On build script you'll see that
later it is enabled when really needed.

> ---->
>    if [[ -n $MESADRIVER ]] ; then
>      # Build selected drivers only, rather than the default of all of
> them # Ensure that swrast is included, as a fall-back
>      OPTS+=" --with-dri-drivers=swrast,"
> <----
>
> again, more smartness. Just make the build break, and don't insert
> swrast here.

This one is not mine:
2009-10-09 Paul Bredbury mesa-lib: always build swrast driver
http://foo-
projects.org/git/?p=lunar/moonbase.git;a=commit;h=a8cab1f734e29b3c952494a922bb5cb8c0c8b184
This is good idea - that is why it is still here.

I fixed llvm error for Dennis. It should work also for you if you were
asked to install llvm. Do lunar update.

> ... this file is filled with death traps.

My 3 PCs survived. v4hn's Radeon is also alive. The trap caught only those
sleepy heads who didn't tested mesa-lib when it was hanging on ML.
I wrote all required code, debugged it on 3 different machines.
I also have family, 8 hours work every day + 4h commute to work and back.
So no excuses here. Less jabbering and whining more coding - everyone here
on this topic.