mesa-lib

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 18 11:47:38 CEST 2012

On 06/17/2012 04:10 PM, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
>> Who broke this;
>>
>> + MAKES="8"
>> + Enabled wrapper script usage
>> + Editing "configure"
>> + patch_it "mesa-va-0.32.patch.bz2" "1"
>> patching file src/gallium/state_trackers/va/ftab.c
>> patching file src/gallium/state_trackers/va/va_private.h
>>   You have selected all GPU drivers or Radeon,
>> but llvm module is NOT installed.
>> Install llvm module or do not choose all or Radeon drivers
>> Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/mesa-lib-8.0.3.bz2
>> ! Problem detected during BUILD
>>

>> I don't WANT none of that crap so I said yes to which specific drivers I
>> wanted leaving them all unselected. So your gonna force me to install
>> them?
> Tell me your selections so I'll try to reproduce the issue.
> If mesa-lib is asking you to install llvm you might selected something
> which needs it for build.

On a fresh install and you say yes to driver selection, all the driver
choices are unselected. Now if I do not enable any of them, the BUILD
should not stop declaring I have selected "all GPU drivers"; I did not
enable any.

The second issue on a fresh install. In lieu of saying yes to choose
which drivers I want, suppose I do not want any of them as I intend to
use the NVIDIA blob. My only other choice is to say no which compiles
them all anyway. At least that would be the guess based on;

mesa-lib: Would you like to select specific drivers? (if not selected,
all drivers will be installed) [n] n

and it still requires the install of llvm.

So again I'm back to the question; why are you making me install that
crap when I don't want any of it?

Dennis Veatch