Important bugs we need to fix fast

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Sun Feb 12 22:30:49 CET 2012

On 02/12/2012 02:30 AM, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Richard B. Pyne on Lunar's ML list found some bugs which I think are very
> important and needs fast fix and needs fast decision what to do.
>
> 1. wget has optional ssl "for SSL support" to enable ssl.
> In moonbase many modules use https:// as download url.
> We have 2 choices here:
> - forbid using https:// in moonbase and find mirrors which are not
> https:// then covert all https urls in moonbase immediately
> - make "SSL support" required dependency for wget
> with #comment in depends file that it is not required for wget build but
> required for successful modules downloads

either are rather ugly - having wget/curl without SSL support seems
rather pointless to me as well, since openssl is a base dependency of
lunar no matter what (ssh depends on it).

> 2. National $KERNEL_URL mirrors are dead since security breach at main
> kernel.org around August 31, 2011. Those<country code>.kernel.org mirrors
> are still offline and there is no info when or if they will be back on-
> line. Lets cut from KERNEL mirror list out all those dead mirrors leaving
> only the working one: ftp.kernel.org and www.kernel.org
> We have 2 choices here:
> -tell the users to change kernel mirror to one of these manually
> -sedit /etc/lunar/config for them via lunar module update
>
> Not important things:
> I removed from all mirrors list / at the end of line.
> It is redundand because we always write in details this / after url
> source_url=$mirror_url/rest-of-path
> Now final download url look like:
> mirror.site.org//rest-of-path
> which look just ugly.
>
> How about removing XFREE86 mirrors list?
> Only one old forgotten module uses it:
> zbeta/XDirectFB
> the new XDirectFB is here:
> directfb.org/downloads/Misc/xdirectfb-1.6.4.tar.bz2
> and is much more new.

yeah, we can certainly trim this down a bit.

> Added patch at the end of lunar.patch which adds
> support fo xz patches to patch_it.
> Auke added it to edge but it is still missing in lunar.

I just did a merge after reviewing all the changes between stable and
master - so, you should have all the fixes we have in lunar now too.

Auke