Important bugs we need to fix fast

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Feb 12 11:30:38 CET 2012

Hi,

Richard B. Pyne on Lunar's ML list found some bugs which I think are very
important and needs fast fix and needs fast decision what to do.

1. wget has optional ssl "for SSL support" to enable ssl.
In moonbase many modules use https:// as download url.
We have 2 choices here:
- forbid using https:// in moonbase and find mirrors which are not
https:// then covert all https urls in moonbase immediately
- make "SSL support" required dependency for wget
with #comment in depends file that it is not required for wget build but
required for successful modules downloads

2. National $KERNEL_URL mirrors are dead since security breach at main
kernel.org around August 31, 2011. Those <country code>.kernel.org mirrors
are still offline and there is no info when or if they will be back on-
line. Lets cut from KERNEL mirror list out all those dead mirrors leaving
only the working one: ftp.kernel.org and www.kernel.org
We have 2 choices here:
-tell the users to change kernel mirror to one of these manually
-sedit /etc/lunar/config for them via lunar module update

Not important things:
I removed from all mirrors list / at the end of line.
It is redundand because we always write in details this / after url
source_url=$mirror_url/rest-of-path
Now final download url look like:
mirror.site.org//rest-of-path
which look just ugly.

How about removing XFREE86 mirrors list?
Only one old forgotten module uses it:
zbeta/XDirectFB
the new XDirectFB is here:
directfb.org/downloads/Misc/xdirectfb-1.6.4.tar.bz2
and is much more new.

Added patch at the end of lunar.patch which adds
support fo xz patches to patch_it.
Auke added it to edge but it is still missing in lunar.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski