stable branch

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Apr 29 21:28:50 CEST 2012

> Hey devs,
>
> it seems I'm the only one working on the stable branch currently.
> Nobody else got time/interest in it? It's really not that difficult. If
> you don't know how, please contact me on irc (my nick is wdp) and I'll
> give some advise.
>
> Initially I was hoping that those developers who have been unhappy with
> the breakage of updates would join and work on the stable branch.
>
> Jean

I will not work on stable branch or use it because I'm not the person who
should be there. I'm perceived as person who pushes Lunar fast forward and
this is true (with good and bad (but not intentional) results). I hope my
declaration will encourage those developers who quit when development
speed was too fast to come back and work slowly and peacefully on stable
branch with Jean.

Florin also looks to be interested in only development branch so you are
fully safe :)

If you fix any bug in stable branch do not hesitate to commit it to devel
branch. Here you do not have to be careful so much or ask for permission.

If you work on stable branch you can always check devel if the bug was not
actually resolved and take the solutions to stable.

We should develop in similar way as RedHat. Fedora is our devel branch
where everything goes fast but usually stable and stable branch like RHEL
which is conservative and takes from Fedora what works stable and was
tested for example for a year.

This way people from stable branch can take modules from devel. Test them,
polish them and put in stable. This will safe their time because the most
bugs, file conflicts etc... are resolved at development branch. And their
systems are protected against development storm which happens from time to
time.