[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> amd-ucode: updated to 2012-01-17

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Apr 29 16:46:05 CEST 2012

> > Putting something except symlinks to /usr/lib in legacy /lib by
> > modules is forbidden. If there are still modules which put something
> > in /lib they should be fixed to /usr/lib.
>
> moving files from other packages with `cp -a` in a BUILD is so far wrong
> that it violates all package rules.
>
> period. no excuses.

OK. Fixed.

> don't take this personal. I'm all for unifying /usr/lib <-> /lib etc.,
> after all, I'm directly involved with the systemd developers and support
> them with both code and advice.
>
> but, until we actually do the merge, we need to stop breaking things.
>
> and moreover, start focusing on making things like coreutils work in
> /usr/bin instead, which is far more worth your time than installing
> microcode. and zlib. and util-linux. and the lunar toolset....

I prefered to start with less core modules like microcode but if you say
so:
coreutils done
gzip done
tar done
bash done
bash_static done

The most interesting thing about migration is I had to just remove hacks
used to force install them to /bin. Now we have shorter and simpler solid
build scripts thanks to removing this bad code.