The bad state of Lunar patch mirrors LRESORT

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Nov 17 23:48:28 CET 2011

> Hello zbiggy,
>
> > http://fr-de.lunar-linux.org/lunar/cache/iproute2-xt.patch 403
> > Forbidden
> > (file permissions does not allow to download it).
>
> thats because "cache" is a symlink to /var/spool/lunar which doesn't
> exist
> on that server (gonna ask ratler if I could do something useful there).
>
> alia:/var/www/mirror/fr-de.lunar-linux.org/htdocs/lunar# file cache
> cache: broken symbolic link to `/var/spool/lunar'
>
> Lunar's mirror-system assumes a) that everyone hosting such lunar stuff
> is running lunar on that mirror box b) /var/spool/lunar always has the
> most recent needed patches and apps (which is not the case. some people
> might update their lunar mirror just once a year, thus /var/spool/lunar
> beeing out-of-date and not useful anyway, who knows?)
>
> However: I wouldn't call that broken. That cache folder is a fallback,
> which MIGHT or MIGHT NOT work; the source url
> for that patch in DETAILS is:
>
> SOURCE2_URL=http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/packa
> ges/iproute2
>
> So what's broken? The might-mightnot fallback or the real source url?

Do lunar update. SOURCE2_URL point now to PATCH_URL because original
source does not exist anymore - I restored the file from my
/var/spool/lunar and uploaded it to master. If Lunar mirrors do not host
PATCH_URL we should hardcode it to master and stop offering PATCH_URL
mirror change.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski