moonbase.tar.bz2 versus darksideofthemoon.tar.bz2

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Fri May 27 09:01:09 CEST 2011

> So I'd like to start implementing a "stable" moonbase and a "edgy"
> moonbase (names to be discussed). The "stable" moonbase would include
> only updates that are verified by several key developers, at least for
> core componentes like udev, ssh, openssl, pam, etc etc... (I would
> love to think out some automated build system to test this for us)
> Right now multiple devs are no longer running updated moonbases on
> their own boxes because they are scared their boxes might break...
> Seems like a *bad* situation to me

As suggested on #lunar, rather than have two complete repos, why not
extend the zlocal metaphor to have a zdeveloper or zcritical section.
Critical modules could be commited there first, and only when 3 devs
had voted +1 by replying to the message in lunar-commits would they
be re-commited in their usual locations. This new zdeveloper/zcritical
section could then excluded from the moonbase tarball pulled in by
the "lunar update" issued by normal users.

D.