moonbase.tar.bz2 versus darksideofthemoon.tar.bz2

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Fri May 27 05:17:53 CEST 2011

On 05/25/2011 05:17 AM, Marek Paśnikowski wrote:
> Dnia środa, 25 maja 2011 o 13:52:29 samuel napisał(a):
>> (I would
>> love to think out some automated build system to test this for us)
> I have read once about an effort to create an automated build system.
> http://groups.google.com/group/yoper-dev/browse_thread/thread/122a024b1da18173
> I never investigated the progress, but it seems, if it is worked on, like a
> good place to start.

given the way lunar works, it's probably not a good idea to pick
something like ubuild, or, if you would, e.g. OBS or koji. They're
really meant for something else and work in a rather different way:
They're meant to create usable rpm's. With lunar, we don't publish rpm's
at all, but we need the result of the compilation stage (and possibly a
test case of some sorts).

If we really go this way, a home grown build system seems appropriate
and one could probably hack one up in an afternoon.

Auke