moonbase.tar.bz2 versus darksideofthemoon.tar.bz2

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:52:29 CEST 2011

Hi fellow devs,

After 2 breakages this week (mesa-lib and udev) I'm a bit sick of it.
It was once our intention that the developer that bumps stuff needs to
test it too. Clearly this ain't working like we would like it to work.
Right now I'm even considering moving some 'production' machines away
from lunar just to avoid these breakages. As I'm a developer of lunar
that would pretty much feel like giving up lunar completely.
So I'd like to start implementing a "stable" moonbase and a "edgy"
moonbase (names to be discussed). The "stable" moonbase would include
only updates that are verified by several key developers, at least for
core componentes like udev, ssh, openssl, pam, etc etc... (I would
love to think out some automated build system to test this for us)
Right now multiple devs are no longer running updated moonbases on
their own boxes because they are scared their boxes might break...
Seems like a *bad* situation to me

If no one objects i'd like to start implementing this (preferably yesterday...)

If anyone has a good idea on how to implement this, please speak free.

Gr,S.