systemd

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Tue Jun 14 00:29:55 CEST 2011

On 06/13/2011 08:08 AM, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> Auke,
>
> tried your recent systemd changes with the following;
>
> use sysvinit - no
> with gtk+-2 - no (caused build to fail)

hmm, strange, I'll look into that.

> and a partitioning scheme of / and swap.
>
> Nothing in /var/log/messages jumped out and wireless still worked.
>
> I did notice a lot of this, not sure what to make of them;
>
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-service.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-automount.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-mount.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-swap.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-device.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-target.lo
>
> snip
>
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-dbus-target.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-dbus-mount.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-dbus-automount.lo
> cc1: warning: /include: No such file or directory
>    CC     src/libsystemd_core_la-dbus-swap.lo
>
> Apparently none fatal as the box still boots.
>
> The last time I diddled with this on a multi-partition/multi-drive box things
> did not go well. I may try that again unless there are still some gotcha's
> even with your changes.

I saw those too, it's from us somewhere passing an unusual prefix. Since
the compile succeds, no worries.

The systemd install is getting a bit better. With sysv compat mode now
being able to be switched off, you'll actually start using most of
systemd's internal startup code (which does a ton and really efficient).

Here are the few things left to do:

- need to package replacement links to /sbin/init, initctl, reboot,
shutdown etc etc. in some package that conflicts with sysvinit

- need to make sysvinit removable entirely (no use keeping it around)

- add more service unit files (I did a few, needs more).

User steps to perform when converting:

- remove all VFS's from /etc/fstab. You should only have physical device
nodes here

- ln -sf /proc/self/mounts /etc/mtab

Auke