Dependencies, their tracking and what we need to improve.

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 17 13:48:54 CEST 2011

jean.bruenn wrote:
> Another question would be, which developers would be willing, to
> spend their time on starting the package management from scratch. And
> is this even an option. If I may say it directly: Our old-core is busy
> or not around anymore. Those devs which are active currently, are (as
> far as i can see) just handling modules (i.e. updates, new submissions,
> etc) with a fix here and there.

Well I'm afraid that it's 10 years since I was involved in any real
system administration in my day job, and I just pootle around with
Lunar in the evenings as and when I am at a bit of a loose end. So I
don't have a spare system on which to experiment, nor a lot of spare
time in which to do it.

Which also explains why I stopped looking at the module submissions
while I was trying to work out how to update the Lunar GNOME modules
to 2.32.0, and failing :-(

D.

PS. My other Lunar package management issue is renamed/deleted modules,
    especially for users running 'lin moonbase' rather than moonbase.git
    Again, choice of implementation language doesn't change that.