Recent KDE build will fail - lets fix this permanently

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Jan 12 01:12:00 CET 2011

Hi,

Lunar lget by default uses /tmp (tmpfs size 256MB) to download files.
It worked well till now when present oxygen-icons module source have
277MB. So Lunar needs changes to be prepared for growing sources.

I think downloading sources to /tmp which is tmpfs makes no sense.
What is the point of keeping packed sources temporary in RAM? Speed? For
downloaded sources? I do not think so we will gain any extra performance
this way. That is why I suggest replacing /tmp with /var/tmp for temporary
downloads.

TMPDIR as tmpfs is good for compilation as there are significant speed
improvements. How about adding DOWNLOADTMPDIR=${DOWNLOADTMPDIR:-/var/tmp}
to /etc/lunar/config and adjusting /var/lib/lunar/plugins/download*.plugin
to use it?

Any other suggestions?
Adjusting tmpfs size to 320M is temporary workaround - not long term
solution.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski