Help with module submissions?

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 9 18:49:05 CET 2011

Paul Bredbury and Christian Krause are submitting modules faster than
I can review and test them at the moment, so...

1. Should we ask them to request dev status?

2. Could some of the other devs test and commit submissions locally?
   I would be quite happy to tidy the queue afterwards if needed.

Cheers
Duncan / englsman

PS There's a Wiki page describing handling the submissions queue at
http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/Module_Submission_for_developers
from which I've extracted the following about grabbing the patches:

"""
Make sure that your local moonbase is up-to-date before you try dealing
with the patch:

 satellite$  cd moonbase.git
 satellite$  git pull
 satellite$  git checkout -b testing master

and then use the method of your choice to grab the patch and apply it:

 satellite$  # method 1
 satellite$  scp
username at doppio.lunar-linux.org:/var/anonymous/submissions/submitted_module.patch
/tmp
 satellite$  git am /tmp/submitted_module.patch

 satellite$  # method 2
 satellite$  wget -q
"http://foo-projects.org/~sofar/submitted_module.patch" -O - | git am

 satellite$  # method 3
 satellite$  # browse to "http://foo-projects.org/~sofar/queue.php"
 satellite$  # right click on patch and "save link as"
/tmp/submitted_module.patch
 satellite$  git am /tmp/submitted_module.patch

 satellite$  # check lin submitted_module works as expected
"""