[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> t1lib: added missing opt_dep and made lib executable

wookietreiber kizkizzbangbang at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 26 19:46:01 CET 2011

> Do we stop with libX11?

Maybe after e.g. the ubuntu/canonical guys boxed Wayland to be productive
enough to be used. But I'd agree that we don't need to make the changes now,
at least not until someone might actually try out wayland with lunar, who
might be me :)

> Do we need to add explicit optional_depends for all of the other optional
> capabilities? Wouldn't this be the equivalent of Gentoo's USE flags that
> many dislike?
>
> Plus, any optional_depends introduces a question that either needs to be
> answered or to timeout before the installation can continue. That could
> mean either an awful lot of questions on a fresh install or a lot of dead
> time during an unattended install.

I think we should add explicit opt deps for dependency tracking's sake.

But I also agree that this is totally annoying, that's why I, who chooses
not to use any X stuff, have exiled libX11 and all the other X stuff, and
never will be bothered with X questions, since lunar already has some really
nice autoselecting features. Those are of course never select exiled modules,
always select modules which have neither yes nor no option (not switching any
compilation flags) which are installed and maybe others ...

There should be a way to do the same for X-users, who are of course most of
the users, to always autoselect X stuff. Why not make this a lunar option
which you can set somewhere in the lunar menus so we in fact can do both:
have every dependency tracked AND not annoy users? (IIRC I suggested this
with the gobject-introspection issue, too)

Best regards
Christian Krause aka wookietreiber