[Lunar-commits] <moonbase> t1lib: added missing opt_dep and made lib executable

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 25 11:56:38 CET 2011

> commit a5f7a7aba58ef8309c98aec2563496c0aec71509
> Author: Christian Krause <kizkizzbangbang at googlemail.com>
> Date:   Fri Feb 25 16:18:03 2011 +0700
>
>     t1lib: added missing opt_dep and made lib executable
> ---

> +optional_depends "libX11"        \
> +                 "--with-x"      \
> +                 "--without-x"   \
> +                 "for X support"

I saw this in the submissions queue, but didn't know how to proceed.

Do we really want to go down the road of explicitly specifying such
optional_depends on libX11 or other components of X? Surely you either
have X installed, or you do not. Am I missing something?

How many more modules currently have an implicit optional_depends
on X, and automagically detect and set the build flags accordingly?

If we have to start adding explicit optional_depeds on X to everything
that might need it, what will be the effect on the dependency checking?

D.