Conforming to the LSB?

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 12 15:37:02 CET 2011

We have CentOS boxes at work, mainly to avoid problems with commercial
software that is officially supported on RedHat. The latest release of
one of these packages has LSB 4.0 conformance as a system requirement.

I was vaguely aware of the LSB, but had not followed its progress, and
was surprised at how much information there is on certification, etc at
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb and at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Standard_Base

Does anybody have experience with the LSB? How well does Lunar conform?
And what does that mean anyway when it's the users who are in control?
Is it something that Lunar should be looking at?

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman