Gnome 2 / 3 rename proposal of gnome2/

jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Fri Aug 5 20:15:15 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

I'd like to know whether anyone of you is using "gnome" in lunar and might
be able
to help updating and testing gnome stuff..

Then I'd like to rename "gnome2" to "gnome" because of a few reasons:
  a) we can't simple add a gnome3 folder to moonbase, because the modules
within
     both folders are called exactly the same. So having gnome2 and gnome3
or
     gnomeX seperated makes only sense for a very small amount of modules
and
     only if we name the modules modulename2 modulename3 modulenameX etc.
  b) some modules still have the same version, so they aren't gnome3 or
gnome2
     they'll work with both. Having them in a gnome2 folder is just
confusing.

Anyone against renaming gnome2/ to gnome/?

If nobody is against that, whats the proper way to rename that folder in
git?

Jean