me no rtfm (prefers girstickenpoken)

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Apr 26 00:36:26 CEST 2011

> Florin's udev bump to 168 broke my box. Looking at this superficially
> and just noting what happened and this box configuration;

I fixed other issue udev 167/168 connected, it may fix this one.
Do lunar update - lunar-init will be updated.
lin -w 168 udev and reboot.

First there is no error message about /run/udev not being writable in udev
167/168 - you will see it only if init scripts messages move over screen
slowly during boot.

Second udev 168 did not mount all partitions except / and swap.
This fix also fixed this for me.

Now udev 168 works for me on 3 lunar machines: desktop/netbook/vmware.

If patch is correctly applied after boot you will not see /dev/.udev
directory anymore.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski