gnome-2.28.2 updates for Lunar

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 11 21:25:22 CET 2010

> I've almost completed all of the modules on the jhbuild list, but
> have become stuck on DeviceKit-power with its undefined references,
> and all of the ones on the versions-2.82 list that depend on it, such
> as gdm and gnome-session. I've searched the web, but haven't found
> the clue that I need to solve this.

The DeviceKit-power problem was resolved by upgrading to udev-151.
[SYSFS_DEPRECATED_v2 and GFS2_FS both need to be unset in the kernel
to be able to install udev-151, so you may need a kernel rebuild]

Almost all of the other modules in the versions-2.28.2-annotated.txt
have now been built, except for some of the perl and java bindings.

Lunar fix highlighted problems between gnome-build and anjuta2, but
I then found that gnome-build has been deprecated since GNOME 2.25.x
and it's functionality integrated into anjuta anyway. I haven't been
through all of the other modules to find which are also deprecated.

I've been able to run 'gdm' and play around with some of the apps,
but I've never been a GNOME user,  so I would appreciate if someone
who really knows GNOME could take a look at what I've been doing.

The modules that I have updated are available on the gnome branch
of git://lunar-linux.org/~engelsman/moonbase.git  (note the '~')

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman