Thoughts about OPTS option in BUILD script

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 7 09:13:26 CEST 2010

> The solution is to change the line [in BUILD]
>     OPTS="$OPTS ..."
>     OPTS="... $OPTS"
>
> The conclusion is that although a user have the ability to change the
> compilation option while executing a lin command, his/her options may
> not affect the compilation process because they are placing before the
> BUILD's option. This is due to the
>     OPTS+="some option"
> line in the BUILDS
>
> My proposal is to copy OPTS="user option" to a USER_OPTION variable
> and while default_build the OPTS+=$USER_OPTION

This problem has bitten me once or twice in the past, and I've usually
worked around it using a zlocal copy and adjusting the BUILD line. Off
the top of my head, I think we would probably be better to adjust all
OPTS+="some_option" to be OPTS="some_option $OPTS" so that user options
are added at the end, and can override "some_option", as this means we
don't need to add another variable within the lsh environment.

But then, I'm no expert on the internal workings of the lunar tools.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman