lunar's distrowatch module list badly out of sync again - who maintains it?

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jul 10 20:40:46 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 18:27 +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > I'll take a look at it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> > grub2 is still not supported out of the box by lunar, so the correct one
> > is actually being displayed.
>
> ??? I do not understand your point of view.
> What distrowatch script has in common with files on ISO (out of the box)?
> We are talking about distrowatch script/database and what an user can have in Lunar. Not on iso.
> If we have to match distrowatch modules with our tiny iso we should remove 90% of modules from distrowatch list
> to meet your out of the box requirement.

I never talked about the iso, I was talking about the ability for a user to run "lin grub2"
and that it would take care of everything, ie the user can issue reboot after install without any other intervention.
As long as that isn't possible we should not lure our users (read distrowatch viewers) to think that
grub2 is well supported within lunar. There is a reason why we don't even bother putting grub2 as a bootloader during
ISO install, it's an experimental module.

If grub2 is fixed properly I will agree to rename grub -> grub-legacy and grub2 -> grub.

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold