lunar's distrowatch module list badly out of sync again - who maintains it?

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Jul 10 18:27:30 CEST 2010

> I'll take a look at it.

Thanks. :)

> grub2 is still not supported out of the box by lunar, so the correct one
> is actually being displayed.

??? I do not understand your point of view.
What distrowatch script has in common with files on ISO (out of the box)?
We are talking about distrowatch script/database and what an user can have in Lunar. Not on iso.
If we have to match distrowatch modules with our tiny iso we should remove 90% of modules from distrowatch list
to meet your out of the box requirement.

In distrowatch we show how much up to date we are. What can be installed in Lunar.
If their grub version matches our grub2 module version why not show this?
Take as example gtk+ module:
Distrowatch version: gtk+ (2.20.1)
Lunar gtk+ module version: 1.2.10
Lunar gtk+-2 module version: 20.1
Lunar version reported to distrowatch: 2.20.1
this is true and correct we have gtk+ 2.20.1 but not in module gtk+ but gtk+-2.
As a result lin gtk+-2 installs gtk+ 2.20.1 so we do not lie.

Now in distrowatch we lie in case of grub:
Distrowatch version: grub (1.98)
Lunar grub module version: 0.97
Lunar grub2 module version: 1.98
Lunar version reported to distrowatch: 0.97

By telling 0.97 we actually lie we do not have grub 1.98 (because we have it).
If you take seriously political correctness of module versions rename grub according to gnu naming:
grub -> grub-legacy
grub2 -> grub

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski