A couple of ideas I want to implement

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat May 9 15:08:34 CEST 2009

Hey fellow developers!

I have a few changes in my mind that I want input on before I actually
introduce them into the moonbase and theedge.

1) Adding a verify-sha256 plugin, reason for that would be that sha1
will pretty soon be deprecated due to new attacks making it less
reliable.

2) I want to create a cron-common module that most of our crond's will
depend upon, there are several that can share the same scripts and
configurations. I also want to add a cron-plugin that will search
modules for a cron.d directory and install the files into /etc/cron.d/

3) Several modules could use logrotation scripts, today we don't have
the means to do that easily. What I have in mind for this is to fix the
logrotate module and add a logrotate-plugin that will check each module
for a logrotate.d directory and install the files found.

Let me know what you guys think, I believe these are change that make
stuff easier for the end users.

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold