default_python_build and initrd detection patches

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 24 00:49:27 CET 2009

On Sunday 15 March 2009 12:28:57 pm Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I don't know exactly who has commit access for
> http://svn.foo-projects.org/svn/lunar/lunar/, but here are two patches
> for you to consider.
>
> 1. lunar-default_python_build.patch -- We have a lot of python modules
>    which all share the same build instructions:
>
>      python setup.py config &&
>      prepare_install &&
>      python setup.py install
>
>    The attached patch introduces default_python_build(). If there is an
>    executable ./configure script or no setup.py, it falls back to
>    default_build. Otherwise it runs
>
>      python setup.py build &&
>      prepare_install &&
>      python setup.py install
>
>    It uses "setup.py build" instead of "setup.py config" because the
>    config command doesn't always seem to be available.
>
> 2. lunar-initd-detection.patch -- This is a patch for the initd.plugin.
>    It currently uses the expression '# chkconfig: ' to detect init
>    scripts. However, there is no need to use spaces in the expression,
>    especially not after the 'chkconfig:'. Perl-style regular expressions
>    in grep are a POSIX extension, so '\t' won't work here. Thus, the
>    patch changes '# chkconfig: ' to '^# chkconfig:' which improves
>    things a bit.
>
> Cheers,
> Jannis

You would want add the default_python_build function name to the run_build
function. That will allow for the removal of a BUILD. Tis the reason I wanted
the default_cmake_build there.

I don't know enough about the python stuff to comment about the "build" versus
"config" aspect.

Nothing jumps out at me linuar-initd-detection patch.
--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.