Re: udev 138 present in zbiggy-WIP

zbiggy zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Feb 24 09:35:12 CET 2009

Dnia 24 lutego 2009 2:02 Dennis Veatch <dennisveatch at bellsouth.net> napisał(a):

> On Monday 23 February 2009 6:51:18 pm Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > here:
> > http://foo-projects.org/git/?p=zbiggy/moonbase.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/
> >zbiggy-WIP on my personal zbiggy-WIP branch there is recent udev 138 I wrote
> > for myself.
> >
> > If some brave testers will find it fully working we could think of moving
> > it to production branch. Now udev 138 works for me.
> >
> > have a nice day,
> > Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski
>
> Well your in luck, just got started rebuilding a box. So gave it a whirl. A
> successful reboot and no errors seen at that stage. One only curious thing I
> noticed in /var/log/messages. There was only one instance of udev starting and
> that was for 128, even though the box had been rebooted several times, and I
> had just barely gotten past the lunar rebuild part, recompile kernel, etc. I
> was expecting to see more than one. I mention that because a grep on messages
> after installing 138 and a reboot, there were no messages about udev 138
> starting.
> A  udev stop/start produced one.
>
> On a side note after starting udev, dmesg showed this;
>
> udev: starting version 138
> udev: deprecated sysfs layout; update the kernel or disable
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED; some udev features will not work correctly
>
> Right now your looking pretty good.

Thanks for testing. When go back home will look for these. I will also downgrade udev to Lunar's current official and then update back to 138 to make sure some old files were not left on system. Also I will rethink if we should keep udev compat rules to keep compatibility with older kernels. Thanks for detailed report.