udev 138 present in zbiggy-WIP

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 24 02:02:27 CET 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009 6:51:18 pm Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here:
> http://foo-projects.org/git/?p=zbiggy/moonbase.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/
>zbiggy-WIP on my personal zbiggy-WIP branch there is recent udev 138 I wrote
> for myself.
>
> If some brave testers will find it fully working we could think of moving
> it to production branch. Now udev 138 works for me.
>
> have a nice day,
> Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski

Well your in luck, just got started rebuilding a box. So gave it a whirl. A
successful reboot and no errors seen at that stage. One only curious thing I
noticed in /var/log/messages. There was only one instance of udev starting and
that was for 128, even though the box had been rebooted several times, and I
had just barely gotten past the lunar rebuild part, recompile kernel, etc. I
was expecting to see more than one. I mention that because a grep on messages
after installing 138 and a reboot, there were no messages about udev 138
starting.
A  udev stop/start produced one.

On a side note after starting udev, dmesg showed this;

udev: starting version 138
udev: deprecated sysfs layout; update the kernel or disable
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED; some udev features will not work correctly

Right now your looking pretty good.