Issues with mfpmath=both

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Sun Dec 20 20:44:11 CET 2009

Hi,

i'm currently running gcc 4.2, today i wanted to update my whole box and
ran into problems due to mfpmath=both. That switch is not there (you can
see it in the output later in this email). So people upgrading will have
trouble compiling "anything" because it's simply not working with that
switch, IF they use mfpmath=both. For GCC 4.4 it's the same - There's no
option "both" - I'm wondering who brought that in, however, i guess this
should be fixed as soon as possible.

configure:4060: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:4082: gcc  -O2 -march=athlon64 -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3
-m3dnow -mfpmath=both -pipe   -s conftest.c  >&5
conftest.c:1: error: bad value (both) for -mfpmath= switch
configure:4086: $? = 1
configure:4123: result:
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""

<wdp__> ye
<wdp__> somehow someone made that lunar is using "both"
<wdp__> if you have selected "both" in lunar optimize
<wdp__> and "both" is not working, thus compiles arent working.

Dunno whether this issue is just dedicated to me. :-)

Cheers
Jean